Notepad++ is a critical tool in my daily web development.
They have just released version 5.9.
You can download Notepad++ version 5.9 here.
Updates are listed as:
- Update Scintilla from 2.21 to 2.25.
- New feature: Non-greedy regular expression (Scintilla).
- Add Copy/Cut/Paste Binary Content feature.
- Add “paste HTML content” and “paste RTF content” commands.
- Fix the inverse of title and message for some MessageBox.
- Add “Remove Unmarked Lines” command.
- Add “Column Mode Tip” to notice users the usage of column mode in Notepad++.
Man do I hate that logo.
When working with sites that use “FTPES (Explicit)” as the connection type, I find after accepting an invalid certificate (code 20) for a connection, I cannot relaunch Notepad++ with the following error:
This prevents you from using NppFTP the next time you launch.
I had been getting the “Load langs.xml failed!” whenever I started up Notepad++. I’m running Windows 7 64-bit.
HTML Zen Coding is a plugin for many popular HTML editors that gives the web developer many tools for quickly building out HTML pages. If you are comfortable (and enjoy) CSS selectors popular today in many frameworks (such as jQuery) then this may be for you.
When we build HTML documents, we are always building code that is repetitive, and we have ways of making that better. Creative copying and pasting usually. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing music on my keyboard when I do my copy paste and edit keyboards commands over and over.
With Zen Coding the process is much “simpler”. You need to learn the syntax, which is straightforward for most selector friendly folks — but it will shorten your workload and let you do some things that you may have avoided before.
I installed Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) on my main machine a few weeks ago, and have been using other browser’s “View Source” since IE8’s default View Source editor takes forever to load.
With all the work, I didn’t have time to figure out how to fix it, but YOU CAN!
IE8 uses an internal viewer by default, but you can easily change it:
- Get into the Developer Tools screen (F12 or Tools->Developer Tools)
- File->Customize Internet Explorer View Source (yeah I know, weird)
- Set to Notepad (like it used to be) or “Other” and use your viewer (I used TextPad)
Now, can anyone recommend a better “View Source” application? I haven’t looked into this, but it may be a great opportunity to improve efficiency doing HTML and debugging.