When word went out saying “We have something you really have to see. And touch.”, who wasn’t thinking if Apple put in a haptic display (a display that gives touch feedback).
Some more rumors are popping up, saying Senseg may be on the new iPad 3.
Anyway — we all find out in a few hours. The live blogging starts at 1pm eastern.
With the event looming, now only 13 hours away, what can we expect from the event?
Apple has kept a lot secret this round, but there are certain things we all know:
- There will be a new iPad announcement (whether the iPad 3 or the iPad HD we don’t know for sure)
- There will be some sort of Apple TV announcement (with almost all stores completely out of stock, it’s all we can predict)
- Apple has been using up tons of transport over the past few weeks from China to the states
What can we expect? There are a few likely outcomes:
- iPad 3 with a retina display of 2048×1536 (double that of the iPad 2)
- iPad 3 will have a quad core processor
- iPad 3 will have a 5 mega pixel camera with LED (maybe 8 mega pixel?)
- iPad 3 will probably support LTE
- iOS 5.1 (rumors are that the Gold Master passed QA)
- iPad 3 will have an HDMI port
- An updated Apple TV that supports HD video (1080p)
- Apple TV will stay at the sub $100 threshold (if so I’m buying one, again)
- Some announcement regarding Catalogs (Sears, JC Penny, LL Bean like catalogs — they are live on the Apple Store already)
I have stayed generally quiet in coverage of the iPad 3 because there are just too many rumors going around. Everything you read is based on a “leaked” product prototype, or someone who knows someone who heard something…
Based on a series of rumors, it seems like March 7th, 2012 will be the date the iPad 3 will be announced.
This information comes from a site iMore, iPad 3 announcement March 7, quad-core, possible 4G LTE. They have a track record of being on the ball, and the information seems to corroborate with some known insiders at Apple.
What do we know about the iPad 3? Nothing is concrete, but here are the mostly accepted details:
- Quad Core processor
- Retina like display, of 2048×1536
- LTE support is highly likely
- The design will change only slightly
There are rumors of multiple form factors, but personally I’m not sold on them yet.
I can’t wait to get my first iPad (I think it’s finally ready).