Yesterday it was announced, that Absinthe A5 was available to jailbreak your iPhone 4S / iPad 2 on Mac OS X.
An untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S / iPad 2 was just announced compatible with Windows.
You can download the file:
Then just follow these instructions:
- Download the file
- Extract it
- Shift+Right Click on the folder, Open Command Window Here (or Start->Run, type cmd, and navigate to the folder
cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig
- Install, and use no password for the pod2g server
cinject -j paylods
- Turn on VPN: Settings->General->Network->VPN-> ON
You should be jailbroken. If you have a mac, then simply follow the easy instructions here to do an untethered jailbreak on Mac OS X.
Steve Jobs managed to present for about a half hour, and came on and off stage after that. It seemed like he was auditioning everyone, but still wanted to demo the iPad 2 himself. At least we get to see the big product announcement before “1:55” in the announcement.
Lots of interesting things, most of which was predicted.
First the iPad 2 announcement:
- Two Cameras
- Faster – Featuring the A5 processor, which will have 2x the CPU power of the iPad, and 9x the graphics power of the iPad.
- Lighter – down to 1.3 pounds from 1.5
- Thinner – down to just 8.8mm thick, that’s thinner than an iPhone 4
- HDMI out – up to 1080p
- Gyroscope that the iPhone and iPod now have
- Same Prices as before (I had hoped they would lower slightly, but they are already cheaper than the competition)
- Will be available in both Black and White (upon release, no delays)
- Will be in both AT&T and Verizon 3G models
- 10 hour battery life (all the new toys, same battery life)
- NO improved display
- An interesting cover, which serves as a cleaner, stand, and a flap to protect the screen
- Release date is March 11th (better get it out soon, while the iPad 3 is almost done)
- Supports FaceTime
Also announced was the iOS 4.3:
- Personal Hotspot
- Airplay integration
- Released on March 11
Now Apple is getting into the App arena, and moving way beyond Poker:
- Photo Booth – a photo manipulation app, seems ok
- iMovie – Serious upgrades here, very impressive (social integration, great editing tools, only a few bucks)
- Garage Band – Amazing that this can be done on such a mobile device
That’s it. I’m excited, and would love to grab an iPad (and also want a new AppleTV to take advantage of the AirPlay functionality).
Seems in the coverage a term is being coined nowadays, called “post-PC”. We saw it on mobile phones that can double as full computers, and now on tablets that have processing power to behave like a desktop.
You can follow my favorite live coverage at Engadget.
We know they are announcing the iPad 2, the question is — exactly what does that mean?
Personally I’m expecting a minor upgrade including:
- Internal Camera
- Faster Processor
- More Storage
- Possibly lower price points?
- Verizon compatible “3G” iPad?
Other rumors include:
- A new Social iOS app launch
- Possibly focusing on the release of “The Da Vinci Code” and Random House appearing as iBooks
- Mobile Me changes (we know there will be changes, just not sure if it’s announced today, and/or what they will be — maybe this is the new iOS Social app?)