You can download iTunes 10.4.1 here.
- Fixing media keys on some keyboards (my Logitech keyboard finally works again, it broke in 10.4 — life has been hell)
- Issues with artwork on songs and videos
- Problems with iTunes upon Mac resuming from sleep
- VoiceOver support issues
- iTunes becoming unresponsive during an HD movie purchase
I went nuts trying to get my keyboard to work. I change songs dozens of times a day, and don’t want to alt tab out of the code I’m working on… I want to hit my keyboard media keys.
jQuery version 1.3 was released yesterday.
Some new features in 1.3 are:
- Sizzle – a brand new CSS selector engine
- Live Events – event delegation with a jQuery twist
- jQuery Event Overhaul – simplified event handling
- HTML Injection Rewrite – Lightning-fast HTML appending
- Offset Rewrite – Super-quick position calculation
- No more browser sniffing!!
- New API Browser – http://api.jquery.com/
I have yet to play with jQuery 1.3, but will post my impressions after I get some hands on time with it.
Are you new to jQuery?
You can get jQuery by going to jQuery.com and downloading the version of jQuery you want:
- Production version – 18kb – Minified for production environments (don’t try to debug this, its a nightmare)
- Development version – 114kb – Developers can go in and see how things work with this version, but the footprint is huge
Getting Started with jQuery
jQuery provides a series of useful tutorials.
Some favorites are:
- Getting Started with jQuery – by Jörn Zaefferer – Goes through the basics of jQuery, all the way up to building plugins.
- jQuery Crash Course – by Nathan Smith – Great overview of what jQuery is and how to start using it.
- Submit a Form Without Page Refresh using jQuery – by Eric @ NETTUTS – Everyone starting out with AJAX wants to know how to do those cool form actions without the page refreshing. Here’s how.
- 5 Tips for Better jQuery Code – by Mark Grabanski – Useful tips to keep in mind when working with jQuery — slightly more advanced, but a good taste of what is to come
- The 20 Most Practical and Creative Uses of jQuery – by Drew Douglass @ NETTUTS – From scratch, how to creatively use jQuery in modern websites.
- jQuery Tip: Animation and CSS Queuing – by Drew Douglass – Queuing up animations is something we all run into and scratch our heads, Drew makes it sound easy.
There are so many more tutorials out there.