Flowplayer 5 was released a few days ago.
The new player has a bunch of new / cleaned up bits of functionality:
- Streamlined design
- HTML5 comes first! Flash is no longer the default, it’s HTML5. Glad to see this
- Fully responsive
- Some functionality previously supported through plugins is now built into the player (playlists, cuepoints, google analytics, and embedding)
- Random seeking (no matter what has been loaded)
- Native full screen — no more using flash to force the full screen mode
- Keyboard shortcuts built in (volume, seek, fullscreen, mute, play/pause, stop)
- Simplified syntax
- Primarily CSS based styling (no more complex JS embeds)
- Embeddable (mentioned earlier) — you can even include your brand if you have the commercial version and propagate your brand
Flowplayer has been my favorite video player for at least a few years, and looks like it will stay that way for another few years.
No comments yet.