If you see “MZTiltActivity” in iTunes, all you have to do is close iTunes and reopen it.
No idea what it is, but it goes away.
WordPress 3.8 was just announced and is available.
- New Admin Interface (drastically updates colors / type)
- New Twenty Fourteen theme – magazine style based theme for us to play with
My wife texted me yesterday asking for some info. I sent it. 5 hours later, she came home asking why I ignore her text messages.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple is aware there’s a bug regarding text messages in iOS 7 (particularly, with iMessages).
If you want to fix it now you can either restart your phone, or (MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR WIFI PASSWORD, AS THIS RESETS THEM ALL):
- Turn off iMessaging (Settings -> Messages, then toggle “iMessage” off)
- Rest your network settings (Settings -> General – > Reset, then click on “Reset Network Settings”)
- Your iPhone will restart
- Turn iMessaging back on (Settings -> Messages, then toggle “iMessage” on)
Remember you just reset your network settings, so you will have to re-enter your WiFi passwords etc.
If you lost your iOS 7 contacts, I have organized a list of potential fixes for previous iOS problems (these are likely to apply to iOS 7 as well), iOS5 Lost Contact fixes.
Every year we get 100’s of thousands of users who have problems with iOS upgrades, and that list has been useful for many folks.
A new DHS report released on August 2, BREACH vulnerability in compressed HTTPS, detailed how an attacker could derive information from the length of a compressed encrypted stream.
From the report:
While the CRIME attack is currently believed to be mitigated by disabling TLS/SSL/level compression, compressed HTTP responses represent a significant unmitigated vector which is currently exploitable. By injecting plaintext into an HTTPS request, an attacker can learn information about the corresponding HTTPS response by measuring its size.
The article states what the symptoms are, as well as potential fixes. Basically, disable HTTP compression.
I just felt a minor earthquake, or what I thought was one. It was either that, or our dog scratching herself violently.
The house shook, things moved just a bit.
Only a little over a year ago we had another minor earthquake felt in RI.
How do I know? I saw on Twitter: earthquake RI
Others felt the same thing too.
Everyone seems safe, unless you were building houses of cards.
UPDATE – October 16, 2012 @ 7:47PM
It was a 4.5 earthquake, centered about 5km west of Hollis Center, ME. Reports on twitter say it was felt throughout the northeast including MA, VT, NH, RI, CT and parts of NY. Someone tweeted me from NY saying her mirror move a bit.
The earthquake was picked up by mainstream news outlets in the past few minutes:
- WPRI – Maine Earthquake felt throughout New England
- Reuters – Magnitude 4.5 earthquake strikes Maine, felt in Boston
No reports of any damage that I’ve seen yet.
Flowplayer 5 was released a few days ago.
The new player has a bunch of new / cleaned up bits of functionality:
- Streamlined design
- HTML5 comes first! Flash is no longer the default, it’s HTML5. Glad to see this
- Fully responsive
- Some functionality previously supported through plugins is now built into the player (playlists, cuepoints, google analytics, and embedding)
- Random seeking (no matter what has been loaded)
- Native full screen — no more using flash to force the full screen mode
- Keyboard shortcuts built in (volume, seek, fullscreen, mute, play/pause, stop)
- Simplified syntax
- Primarily CSS based styling (no more complex JS embeds)
- Embeddable (mentioned earlier) — you can even include your brand if you have the commercial version and propagate your brand
Flowplayer has been my favorite video player for at least a few years, and looks like it will stay that way for another few years.
I’m hearing reports that WiFi is breaking on iOS 6 updated phones.
The best thing you can do is:
- Forget WiFi Network: Settings->Wifi->(select your network)->Forget This Network
- Restart your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc)
- Log back on your Wi-Fi network
Some people are reporting this is due to a proxy being assigned to your WiFi (it works but you can’t browser in Safari).
Please let me know if this helps, and if not, what does!
Yesterday I was installing the iOS 6 firmware on my iPad and iPhone. My iPhone 4 (which was installed via iTunes on USB) installed without a problem.
My iPad was another story. I tried the OTA (over the air) update, and it froze with the Apple logo and the progress bar (empty).
I waited an hour with nothing changing.
Finally I reset it:
- Unplug the iPad
- Hold the Home and Power buttons for a few seconds (it’ll turn black when it resets of course)
It came back, finished the update, and was ready to use a few minutes later.
Please share, it makes me happy:
Subscribe to Email Alerts
Popular PostsGoogle Analytics Popular Posts Alert :
Please check/recheck/enter your Google Analytics account details (username and password).